Tuesday, April 16, 2013

If you're claiming to be Catholic, then be Catholic.

Awesome website to help you on your faith journey. Just go through it and learn as much as you can :)
http://www.catholicbible101.com/

Back then I said I believed, but did I really if I was making up my own rules? 
I've been reading some material about the early Church and the Church Fathers and personally I think that they would be kind of upset of how we Catholics today live out our faith so casually. Many individuals laid down their lives for the Catholic Church. All they had to do to save themselves was to simply say "No I don't believe." That's it. Really that's it. But some people today say "No I don't believe" with their actions but still want to be called Catholic. I realized awhile back that I was just like that. Living somewhat of a double-life. Are we on the same playing field as those Saints and Martyrs? If you don't understand or you have any doubts with what the Catholic Church teaches, do the research, ask someone in the faith that you trust, pray about it and you'll eventually figure out that it all makes sense. It has to. Jesus didn't leave us with an unstable Church. I forgot who said it but he said something to the effect that if you claim to be Catholic but don't agree with Her Teachings, then you're a Protestant whether you know it or not. If you're not going to take your salvation seriously, then what's the point of being Catholic? I am Catholic because I believe that Catholic Church teaches the TRUTH and was personally established by Jesus himself. Don't just be Catholic because someone tells you to be. No more Cradle Catholics, No more Cafeteria Catholics, No more Lukewarmness. What do you stand for? Think about it. You might be the only example of what a Catholic is to someone. If your lifestyle is similar to theirs and contradictory to your Faith, why would they want to believe in God. Isn't that the whole purpose of being Catholic? To know the TRUTH about God and spread it? So in essence your are leading them away from God and thus putting your salvation in jeopardy. Philippians 2:12 "...work out your salvation with fear and trembling." 
We are not like those thousands of other Christian denominations. We don't believe that "Once saved, always saved." We have to take up our crosses daily and adhere to what Jesus commanded. He didn't "suggest," He commanded.  We have a Church that's lasted 2000 years. We have the TRUTH. Discover it! It's Awesome! Although the world we live in today makes it very difficult to live an authentic Catholic lifestyle, try do it anyway. If you're claiming to be Catholic, then be Catholic.


No comments:

Post a Comment