Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What's the point of these shirts???



I've always found it really helpful during times of struggle to go the Bible and find a verse that would reassure me that God was still there. That everything was going to work itself out and be okay. That there was a reason why I was facing this obstacle at this specific point in time. There is just so much peace you get knowing that your not alone in whatever you're going through. Growing up, a lot of the time I would try to attain peace/happiness via other activities aside from God. Through my faith journey I'm realizing that God is actually present in my life. There are no coincidences, there's just a far greater plan that we might not understand yet. We just have to place our trust and hope in something greater than us [God] in order to achieve that peace and understanding. 

What these shirts are supposed to do is:


1. Announce to the public, wherever you're at (mall, gym, grocery store, theater, or McDonald's etc.) that I believe in and put my trust in God, I'm Catholic, I'm not ashamed and am prepared to defend my faith because He's worth it and calls us to do it. I'm not perfect but when I fail (not "if" I fail, "when" I fail) that's who I place my faith in.

2. To help people know the Truth. That God will be there for you when no one else is. That God is real and is constantly wanting you to come to Him, no matter how broken or unworthy you might feel, He wants you to place your complete trust in Him.
Hopefully when someone walks behind you who is having a bad day, confused or anxious about something, they'll read the verse and find hope.

3. To put you in check. If you wearing these shirts you're sort of putting on Christ. Kind of like how a priest would wear his collar in public. You need to understand what you represent in public. And I hope if you aren't acting accordingly, that someone would approach you and remind you what your shirt promotes. It'll help make you more conscious to live a righteous life.


4. To bring about unity.

No comments:

Post a Comment